Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Jack Frost stops by....

My sleep patterns are all over the map, so again last night I found myself awake 3 or 4 times. Not stumblin' around tryin to get to the bathroom and back in the bed before you can focus, but wide awake and no prospects of snoozin anytime soon kind of awake. This translates to house-wandering in my case, and so I had occasion to look outside again, and again the moon glowing on the frozen yard called to me.

Cruisin past the thermostat, I noticed that it was 26...Brrrrrrrrr!
When I finally got up this morning, I ran outside to take this picture before the sun peeked over the hill onto the lawn. See the frost?


I thought I'd put up some pictures of what I'm working on. I have 2 peasant skirts cut out as gifts for some special young women. These are the tiers for Melissa's skirt. The big white flowers will be the fitted part of the skirt and then there will be two tiers of 3 fabrics. Cool, huh?


These are the tiers for Ashley's skirt. Hers are all earthy colors and feature fabrics from Fresh Cut...I love that line. Melissa's are from Urban Chicks.



They won't be able to wear them til next spring, but I needed to get them done and out of the way so I can get back to quilting.

I have two "snakes" quilts pin basted and ready for quilting. I'm putting a picture up of one of them. Love that pattern and thank you Denyse Schmidt for the fabrics, the pattern and your creativity.


At some point I will get them quilted and uploaded to my ETSY shop, Tenderoni Quilts.


There are two quilts in progress that are really begging for attention and that is where I am headed. I just need to clear some of this other stuff so that I can free up head-space enough to pay proper attention to the design challenges they each present.

Too many quilts not enough time? That's the dilemma.

Back in 2 shakes....

1 comment:

Amanda Jean said...

I love your fabric for the skirts! and that denyse schmidt is one talented lady, isn't she? I love her fabric and her quilts.

Me

Me
Maya and I Dancing

Quilty Pleasures

  • JR Flamingo, the Quilt Shop on Fulton Avenue
  • Quilter's Blogs
  • Free Patterns
  • Wednesdays with the Quilty Girls at The Quilt Shop in New Market Center, Boone, NC

Guilty Pleasures

  • Fabric!!! ~ Are you Surprised??? LOL
  • The Sopranos (on A&E)