Sunday, September 30, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy....

A gazillion little tasks to complete today, and here it is nearly bedtime and I really can't see where I've made a dent in the list....sigh....well, I have taken a bunch of pictures so that I could move that stack of quilts off of the guest bed, so at least Mary Helen will have a place to see when she gets here Wednesday! Yay for that.

Gratitudes:
* Grateful for the love of old friends who will jump on a plane to come see me!
* Grateful that while I can't see progress in my list, I'm able to have enough going on in my life that I need a list.
* Grateful that I know it will all work out.

I love Anna Maria Horner's fabrics and these are from her Chocolate Lollipop line. I saw these pieced strips in the trash can at the local Quilt Shop....they were scraps from some pieced pillowcases they had made as samples for the shop. I asked if I could have them and they do indulge me, (gotta love Tod, and Barb, and Meee-lissa...so if you are in Boone stop by there and say Hi!), so I took the forlorn little scraps home.

I pulled from my stash to add to the lovelies already here....did a little applique, and this is the result....a little quilt called "Which Way is Up?" I like it.

I hope to get the sewing room straightened up before bed tonight, so I must get back to my little project. I'm making some red and white blocks for a quilt project in France that Clare asked for help on. I need to get those finished and in the mail tomorrow.

So, since I'm in a French mode, "Au Revoir" (I know that's goodbye, and I'd like to say goodnight, but don't know how in French)

"ni-night"

1 comment:

Clare said...

Bonne soirée or bonne nuit - more likely the latter!

Looking forward to seeing your Red and White Challenge blocks. Thanks for helping.

Me

Me
Maya and I Dancing

Quilty Pleasures

  • JR Flamingo, the Quilt Shop on Fulton Avenue
  • Quilter's Blogs
  • Free Patterns
  • Wednesdays with the Quilty Girls at The Quilt Shop in New Market Center, Boone, NC

Guilty Pleasures

  • Fabric!!! ~ Are you Surprised??? LOL
  • The Sopranos (on A&E)