Friday, September 21, 2007

Halfway through the day

But here I am! I'm working towards some consistency here, folks, so give me props!

Today was a red letter day! I got a call from that designers shop in Lenoir that they had 4 boxes of designer fabric samples ready to be picked up. Cool! I'm there! I drove down through the misty rain, clouds hangin all off the side of the mountains, to the flatlands and loaded them up. I just got done unloading them and looking to see what was there and they are tooooo cool. There's a group of women here in the mountains that stand ready to take them off my hands. They make groovy things like bags, totes, wallets, pillow shams, throws and stuff and are able to sell those to generate some dollahs........wa-hoo for that. Anyway, I put the word out and they won't be here long. I'm gonna hang on to a few so I can make a new doggy bed cover for my girl, Maya.

Yesterday, my visit to the Jung Tao School of Classical Chinese Medicine (since it's classical, does that mean they aren't into rap?) was good. I got there a bit before 5, filled out all the papers you have to fill out when you establish with a new practitioner, and saw 2 interns and one doctor. I was there about 2.5 hours, got accupuncture and am returning on Sunday for another treatment. The coolest thing, though, was that they do sliding scale and since my income is under $25K....my fee was $15.00!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about!

Altogether a terrific experience.

No comments:

Me

Me
Maya and I Dancing

Quilty Pleasures

  • JR Flamingo, the Quilt Shop on Fulton Avenue
  • Quilter's Blogs
  • Free Patterns
  • Wednesdays with the Quilty Girls at The Quilt Shop in New Market Center, Boone, NC

Guilty Pleasures

  • Fabric!!! ~ Are you Surprised??? LOL
  • The Sopranos (on A&E)