Saturday, September 29, 2007

Terrific Day....

Today, I hit the floor running. But first ~ Gratitudes:

I'm grateful for the Saturday morning Farmer's Market......it is a sensory delight and you can't help but feel that you are doing your body a favor just by buying there. Also, they make great coffee...yum.
I'm grateful for my friend Clyde, who calls from time to time just to remind me that he's paying attention......gotta love that!
I'm grateful that I finally gave up on trying to be in synch with a gas-powered lawn mower which I never could get started....I surrendered....and got an electric one.
I'm grateful for the smell of freshly cut grass..........it's delightful.
I'm grateful that on cool days mowing doesn't seem like such a chore.

As you can see, I was at the Farmer's Market today. My haul:
Lovely fresh cut flowers for the kitchen table.
A small handmade zippered bag to carry in my purse.
Coffee...............yum.

On to a 12 step meeting after and then home to mow the lawn.




The drawing is a copy of a painting, "Sunset Over Vallarta", by Ada Colorida. Since I wrote recently about my time in Mexico, I and how it affected my color sensibilities, I thought I'd give you an example. Strong color is evident in everday life there. I think the first time I was aware that I had developed "cojones" about color was when I repainted my house there....






Gold, Rosy Pink, Green, and Purple.
My neighbors who were not native Mexican were aghast....they wanted me to pick one color and stick to it. I loved my colors.

I lived downstairs and rented the upstairs to surfers (see the surfboard cover hanging off the upper wall?) and other adventure travelers.

Now, it's time for a shower. I have a new chandelier in my bathroom with crystals hanging from it and little teeny champaign colored silk shades over each bulb that have crystals hanging from them too..........altogether decadent and I know I'll feel princess-like when I'm showering. It's going to be cool enough for flannel jammies tonight. Lovely.










2 comments:

Klyde Kent said...

A terrific day is every day you are aware of the awe around you. Your written illustration of the sights and sounds and smells of the universe remind me of that.

Yes, I am paying attention and learning how to live life from you.

Mad L!

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

I love the colours used in that part of Mexico. Makes you feel alive!

Me

Me
Maya and I Dancing

Quilty Pleasures

  • JR Flamingo, the Quilt Shop on Fulton Avenue
  • Quilter's Blogs
  • Free Patterns
  • Wednesdays with the Quilty Girls at The Quilt Shop in New Market Center, Boone, NC

Guilty Pleasures

  • Fabric!!! ~ Are you Surprised??? LOL
  • The Sopranos (on A&E)