Saturday, September 22, 2007

Busy, Busy, Day!


I had just the best day so far, and no reason to think it won't stay that way!
First off, though, here's a picture to keep all you folks who need visuals happy:

This is the center of a quilt I made for my Aunt Aileen....finished and sent off a month or so ago. She liked it just fine and I was happy with my first attempt at hand applique. Guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Okay so early, early, early this morning Maya and I went into town for the farmer's market...our haul today:
1 loaf of Amish friendship bread (so good you got to go to confession, if you're Catholic, that is).
6 ears of sweet white corn and it's from the same guy I got the sweetest yellow corn from a couple of weeks ago.
While I was there I dropped off a bag of designer silk fabrics and some other samples to my friend Erin's husband to take to her....he had the nicest looking broccoli, but I've already got enough gas=creating veggies in the fridge, so I had to pass on them.

After we got home, Maya and I went for a walk and herded some cows back into the break in the fence and then called their owner to let him know they had busted out.......Prison Break, country style.

I drove up to West Jefferson in Ashe County to go to their guild's quilt show. It was good, but the one last year seemed bigger to me. I stayed away from buying any fabric, but did come home with some little mug mats and made a stop at a little shop there called "Everything I Love" and scored some amazing Verbena scented French soap......oh man, heavenly scents will be coming outta my shower.......and I got a cute little paisley tote.

Back home to wrangle cows again......until they fix the fence this might be a recurring theme and you might think you've stumbled on the "Little House on the Prairie" blog. NOT!

Have a great rest of your day!

No comments:

Me

Me
Maya and I Dancing

Quilty Pleasures

  • JR Flamingo, the Quilt Shop on Fulton Avenue
  • Quilter's Blogs
  • Free Patterns
  • Wednesdays with the Quilty Girls at The Quilt Shop in New Market Center, Boone, NC

Guilty Pleasures

  • Fabric!!! ~ Are you Surprised??? LOL
  • The Sopranos (on A&E)