Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Day Before Thanksgiving....

I'm in Cincinnati at my auntie's house. Today we got all the prep done for the dishes we are bringing to my cousin Peg's house. I think I chopped, til I dropped! Cousin Jean's cranberry relish is cooling in the fridge ~ I made it and when I tasted it, I fell in love all over again. Woweee!!!

It's funny, that in Boone where I live, I don't really miss the major chain stores. We have a lovely little town with a variety of stores that offer a variety of shopping experiences, but to hit the bigtime stores you must travel to Winston-Salem, Charlotte, or Hickory. So, part of what I do when I visit in Cincinnati is get my shopping fix on. I've done Target, Joann's, Office Depot, Meijers, Kohl's, Border's, Kroger's, and have been surprised that nothing really called to me. I bought a few things for gifts, a new bowl to let yeast bread rise in when I bake, but not much else. On Friday, we go to Trader Joe's and I think that's about it.

No pics today because I can't access them and didn't bring my camera ~~ D'oh!

Have a great time with friends and family tomorrow as you join together to remember all that you have to be thankful for.

No comments:

Me

Me
Maya and I Dancing

Quilty Pleasures

  • JR Flamingo, the Quilt Shop on Fulton Avenue
  • Quilter's Blogs
  • Free Patterns
  • Wednesdays with the Quilty Girls at The Quilt Shop in New Market Center, Boone, NC

Guilty Pleasures

  • Fabric!!! ~ Are you Surprised??? LOL
  • The Sopranos (on A&E)