Monday, November 5, 2007

3 Raves and 1 Rant.....hang on!


Rave #1

This is the center block for a quilt I've had rolling around in my head for a year or two. All the fabrics will be Mexican theme and the colors will be bright and lively. I've been collecting them for a while and am excited to get started on it. I still have some math issues to work out so that the design will be balanced, but I'm nearly there.



Rave #2

This past weekend I went to a craft show put on in a private home by local artisans. There were many wonderful things and while I wanted to take them all home, I showed remarkable restraint. LOL I came home with a pair of hammered silver earrings, some stained glass ornaments for my tree, a fabric box and 2 lovely little handbags. One woman there brought maybe 50 handbags and totes that she had made from decorator fabric samples. I get samples from a decorator in a nearby city 3-4 times a year. I had thought of making something from them, but I am so fixated on quilting. I put an ad on Freecycle and local crafters come get them.




This is the larger of the two bags and it is embellished along the top edge with some wonderful handmade beads. It is fully lined in a contrasting color with a couple of pockets...the closure is hook and loop tape.



Rave #3

This is the smaller bag. It is embellished with some gold glass beads along the two sides and has a button and loop closure. Sweeeeeeet! Both will find new homes at Christmas.


The women at that event asked me to bring my quilts in so they could look at them with thought of including them in next year's event.

They seemed to like them.....we'll see if I get the nod.



Rant.....
I was watching tv tonight and saw at least 3 Christmas commercials! Come on!! Most households still are eating Halloween candy and it's not even Thanksgiving.......come on!!!
Arggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


1 comment:

Lucy said...

I am loving the Mexican fabric quilt. I was thinking about something along those lines the other day. That is fabulous. I can't wait to see the finished product. It is beautiful.

Me

Me
Maya and I Dancing

Quilty Pleasures

  • JR Flamingo, the Quilt Shop on Fulton Avenue
  • Quilter's Blogs
  • Free Patterns
  • Wednesdays with the Quilty Girls at The Quilt Shop in New Market Center, Boone, NC

Guilty Pleasures

  • Fabric!!! ~ Are you Surprised??? LOL
  • The Sopranos (on A&E)