Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I got tagged .....

Miss Raquel of The Ghetto Quilter blogspot has tagged me, and says she's gonna be checkin on me, so I gotta do this or else she will sic one of her 5 (soon to be 6 once Papie gets here) darlin lil chil'ren on me! Yikes!!! I better get to it.

Unlike Raquel, I'm not gonna get all introspective and stare off into space for like ever, 'cause it's past my bedtime and I'm still recuperating from having my toofuses pulled and I'm just not having all the strain to my brain, yuh feel me?

Okay, here we go ~~~

Five of my most significant memories of 2007:

1. The day I walked into my Local Quilt Shop, was greeted by the women who worked there and some other women that I meet there weekly and realizing that I finally felt "at home" here in Boone. I had been on the fence, and hadn't really committed to being here until that day.

2. Getting the letter from the job I had retired from telling me that they were no longer going to be able to provide the level of health coverage for me that I had believed was always gonna be there. It wasn't a good day, and I was "spun" for about a month or so....

3. Then, finally remembering that so many times in my life I've been carried when I felt like I couldn't go on...and that this would be another one of those times...and then getting excited about what I would learn about me, and about God, in this experience.

4. Finding a great deal on my Subaru and getting just the car I wanted for just the price I wanted to pay simply by cutting a picture out of a magazine of that car and attaching it to my refrigerator door with magnets .... I visualized that car into finding me.

5. Getting to spend time with my family....my auntie and cousins, my niece and her family and my nephew who is coming back into the fold after a field trip on the edge...how good to see him overcoming!

I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you see this and are so inclined....consider yourself "it" and get to writin on your own blog.

night night
sleep tight
see you in the morning light

No comments:

Me

Me
Maya and I Dancing

Quilty Pleasures

  • JR Flamingo, the Quilt Shop on Fulton Avenue
  • Quilter's Blogs
  • Free Patterns
  • Wednesdays with the Quilty Girls at The Quilt Shop in New Market Center, Boone, NC

Guilty Pleasures

  • Fabric!!! ~ Are you Surprised??? LOL
  • The Sopranos (on A&E)