Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Maybe I Found My Quilt Shop Home!!!!

I finally found a shop in the greater Sacramento area that sells Quilting Arts Magazine. I've been looking all over for the latest issue because it features one of my favorite bloggers shown on the cover...Malka Dubrowski. The magazine is pricey, but I was curious about her process, so wanted it.

I walked into JR Flamingo (which was a new fabric store to me) and I felt right at home. The ladies there ~ Susan and Valerie ~ were really helpful and the quilts were gorgeous. They are also a shop for sewers other than quilters, but most of their fabric was quilt fabric and their selections were wonderful. Every quilt shop is different in the fabric they select to sell, and I really liked the "eye" of this shop's buyer. They had a lot of Kaffe Fasset shot cottons, tons of dupioni silk ~ which I want to incorporate into some of my quilts, and they had a good selection of african and ethnic prints.

I'm going to try to take a class there when the new schedule comes out. It felt like home.

No comments:

Me

Me
Maya and I Dancing

Quilty Pleasures

  • JR Flamingo, the Quilt Shop on Fulton Avenue
  • Quilter's Blogs
  • Free Patterns
  • Wednesdays with the Quilty Girls at The Quilt Shop in New Market Center, Boone, NC

Guilty Pleasures

  • Fabric!!! ~ Are you Surprised??? LOL
  • The Sopranos (on A&E)