Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Home, Sweet, Home....


City living has required some compromise on my part and some patience on the part of my companion and best-dog, Maya. Until we moved here, Maya only had to stand at the door and I'd let her out to go take care of business. I cleaned up the yard after her when we were in Mexico. When we moved to North Carolina we lived out in the country and she had the run of 80 some acres which she shared with cows, coyotes, wild turkeys, deer, and other critters. No clean up was required.

Here in the city, she has to be on a leash and I follow behind with bags. She has me right where she wants me...lol.

This is our apartment, the one on the bottom floor to the right of the lamp post. You can't see it, but not only is there a patio off the living room, but there's another off the dining room (behind the bushes there in the picture). I love that it gives me the illusion of more space than there is.

I took this picture from the top of the levy that runs along the Sacramento River which is across the street from me. The levy provides a paved surface for bike riders, stroller-pushers, joggers, dog-walkers, skateboarders, walkers, and Maya and I walk it regularly. I'm the one on the end of the leash with the plastic bags.

Looking at the river to the right, you can see we are on a bend.
and looking to the left, you can see the bend going away. Those are barges tied up to pilings and filled with rock and dirt....they are working on the levys.

We sometimes see seals in the river who have made their way upstream from the San Francisco Bay, and also Sea Otters. Once or twice whales have made it upstream and have had to be guided back down to the bay...they get their internal direction finder out of kilter somehow.

Some days we go to the park for our walk, and sometimes we go to the dog park where Maya can be off leash. She never strays far from my side though so we more often go to the people park.

No comments:

Me

Me
Maya and I Dancing

Quilty Pleasures

  • JR Flamingo, the Quilt Shop on Fulton Avenue
  • Quilter's Blogs
  • Free Patterns
  • Wednesdays with the Quilty Girls at The Quilt Shop in New Market Center, Boone, NC

Guilty Pleasures

  • Fabric!!! ~ Are you Surprised??? LOL
  • The Sopranos (on A&E)