Monday, January 24, 2011

Two Finishes ~ First in 2011

Last week was a "lost" week. My dog is still sick, and I had a minor procedure done at the hospital and the anesthesia took a couple of days to work it's way out of my system. Let's just say I caught up on my sleep.

I got the binding sewn on two quilts and they will go out in the mail tomorrow.

I made a lot of 8" half square triangles from my "rust" fabrics in the stash. I didn't know what I was going to do with them all, but I managed to get 3 quilts out of them. Two crib size and one generous throw. This is the last of them....a crib size. I enjoyed them all and am ready to move on.

The second one is a double bed size quilt. I didn't have the pattern, but I had seen the quilt on Flickr a long time ago and had some of the fabrics, but not enough, and Victoria from Bumblebeans came through with the rest. I love this quilt!

I love that the person who originally made this saw that using these 5 fabrics in this way could give the illusion of a lace overlay. Very clever!

This quilt was started in 2010, but got set aside for a bit and was finally finished when I got the binding on. I enjoyed working on it, and would love to sleep under it, but am passing it along to someone who I hope will love it as much as I do.

4 comments:

Wilma Lee said...

The quilt is neat!! Explain to me how you got that lace effect.

RosaMarĂ­a said...

oh! hope you and Maya are feeling better!
love your quilts and the desing on the second one is fantastic!!

Fabric Fanatic said...

Thanks for your kind comments. The lace effect was the work of the fabrics. There were 4 fabrics in the line. Plain Brown, Brown with white print, Plain Orange, and Orange with the same white print that was in the Brown and white. The placement of the squares gives the effect of a brown and orange quilt with white lace overlay. Very simple, but exceedingly clever. I have since been looking for another fabric line that has 4 such fabrics so that I could do it again!

MandMStudio said...

Very beautiful. I love the lace overlay look:)

Me

Me
Maya and I Dancing

Quilty Pleasures

  • JR Flamingo, the Quilt Shop on Fulton Avenue
  • Quilter's Blogs
  • Free Patterns
  • Wednesdays with the Quilty Girls at The Quilt Shop in New Market Center, Boone, NC

Guilty Pleasures

  • Fabric!!! ~ Are you Surprised??? LOL
  • The Sopranos (on A&E)