Sunday, December 23, 2007

End of Insurance Treadmill..Merry Christmas!

Sorry that I've been absent. It is the end of the year and my medical insurance is going to go "poof" so I'm trying to get as much done this year as I can, so I've been on a treadmill (walking in place and getting nowhere). Couple that with the fact that my annual dental insurance year is coming to a close and I still have money that hasn't been spent because I am a chicken and hate, hate, hate, going to the dentist....so am having as much stuff done there as well. Periodontal work, oral surgery, cavities filled.....etc. etc. etc.

So, let's just say that I'm going to continue to be flakey in bloggerland for a week or so more, and leave it at that.

Recap the past week:
Monday ~ Dr. appointment to get medical clearance for Oral Surgery on 12/31.
Tuesday ~ Periodontist in Greensboro....whole day gone **poof**
Wednesday ~ Thank God for the Quilty Girlz.....yeah! We had our potluck luncheon and usual day at the quiltshop and I love them more and more each week. Mailed Xmas Cards (better late than never, don't you think?)
Thursday ~ Final shopping....I'm not going near a store 'til after the 26th
Friday and Saturday ~ no tellin what I was up to, all I will admit to is that I got to the noon 12 step meeting both days! (my story, and I'm stickin to it!)
Today ~ Drove my friend Melissa to Charlotte to catch a plane so she could be home for Xmas and got lost on the way home, which happens every time I go to the airport. Keeps me on my toes...LOL

Still, I'm grateful that while I'm busy and have a plate full, I'm not crazy with all the holiday madness that I see others going through. It's not about stuff, it's about people....and I'm sooo lucky to have good solid friends, a dog who loves me beyond all understanding, and peace in my heart. What more could a woman ask for?


Wishing you all the very Merriest Christmas with Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!

(I got this card from Barack Obama last year for Xmas, and didn't get one this year...maybe he's busy or something? LOL)

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Just dropped by to check out your cute blog as I am your neighbor on the quilt ring.

Me

Me
Maya and I Dancing

Quilty Pleasures

  • JR Flamingo, the Quilt Shop on Fulton Avenue
  • Quilter's Blogs
  • Free Patterns
  • Wednesdays with the Quilty Girls at The Quilt Shop in New Market Center, Boone, NC

Guilty Pleasures

  • Fabric!!! ~ Are you Surprised??? LOL
  • The Sopranos (on A&E)